YOUR CLUB RULES ARE YOUR CONTRACT
C.U. CLUB “STANDARD” RULES
The following “Standard” Rules are for the use of all Clubs, Federations and Combines (hereinafter referred to as the Organization) affiliated to the C.U. All cases of dispute heard by the C.U. will be adjudicated upon under the following rules taken in conjunction with the statute rules of the Union.
39. The Officers of the Club may consist of a President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Club Secretary. The Secretary and Treasurer positions may be held by the same individual. The duties of these officers shall be defined in sections 21, 22, 23 and 24 of the Union Charter.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
40. A General Meeting for the election of the Officers and fixing of local or domestic rules must be held annually. The Secretary of the Organization shall notify each member in writing, of the date, time and place at which such meeting will be held. In the case of Federations and Combines, such notice shall be sent to the Secretary of each Organization affiliated to such Federation or Combine.
No local or domestic rules shall be made which override any of the rules set out by the C.U. Any member of the Organization, wishing for alteration or additions to local or domestic rules, must give notice of the proposed alterations or additions, in writing, to the Secretary at least seven days previous to the holding of the Annual General Meeting. The Secretary of the Organization must notify each member of the date, time and place at which such meeting will be held, in writing, at least three weeks before the meeting is to be held.
41. Anyone wishing to become a member shall be proposed and seconded by members of the Organization and shall be elected by a vote of two-thirds of the members or committee voting. Such elections shall be confirmed at the next meeting. All applications for membership must be made in writing and shall be accompanied by the entry fee or deposit and subject to charter by-laws. Clubs may include a period of probation for new members, as they deem appropriate.
42. No birds shall be accepted for competition in any of the Organizations’ races unless all fees and subscriptions are fully paid by the member.
43. The Organization shall have a Banking or Savings Account, and where possible all payments shall be made by cheque, signed by the Secretary and another Organization Official. The bank passbook or monthly statement shall be laid on the table at each meeting for inspection by members.
44. Members, wishing to resign, must do so in writing before the end of the current year, or a specified date by the Club, or they will be held liable for their subscriptions for the following year.
45. Should any member be in arrears he shall be communicated with by registered letter with his account set out in detail and notice given that unless remittance is received within 21 days, he will be suspended and reported to the C.U.
DISSOLUTION OF A CLUB
46. The Organization shall not be dissolved except by a two-thirds majority vote of members present at a Special Meeting called for that purpose, and of which 14 days notice has been given to all members IN WRITING. A further meeting shall be held to confirm such resolution. In the event of the Society being disbanded under this rule, the assets of the Society shall be realized and the proceeds divided equally amongst the then active members. One loft – one share. That upon the dissolution of an affiliated Society, notice of such dissolution shall be sent to the Secretary C.U. together with the names and addresses of members of the Society at the time of such dissolution.
47. Should any dispute arise on any matter connected with the Organization, the same shall be referred to the Officers, who shall then rule on the dispute. If a member is dissatisfied with the decision of the Organization, he shall have the right of appeal
to the C.U. in writing, within 21 days of the notification being given.
48. A special meeting, of which due notice must be given to all members in writing, may be convened at any time, on written request of at least one-third of the members of the Organization. No business, other than that set out in the notice of the meeting shall be transacted.
49. The secretary shall keep a record of all resolutions adopted at meetings of the organization, together with names of movers and seconders and results of voting. The same shall be confirmed and signed by the President.
50. In the event of a deficit on the Year’s working, the Committee shall be empowered to make a levy on each member to cover same, notwithstanding any member having sent in his registration. All organizations shall furnish to each of its members, upon request, a copy of its annual balance sheet.