This site was designed to serve our members, as well, to inform the general public about our wonderful hobby. For more information about our hobby, click on “Our Sport” in the top menu.
The race result page is now ready for posting. Please upload your results and we will get them posted for you.
Come fly with us!
Thank you for visiting our website. We are honoured that you have taken the time to check us out. We are a union dedicated to promoting the sport of racing pigeons. Are you interested in finding out how you can be a part of this great sport. We can help you get started by linking you with a local club within your community. Do you enjoy taking care of animals? Do you enjoy friendly competition? Do you want a hobby that the whole family can take part in? This could be just the hobby for you. Pigeons are one of the most underrated species. Some interesting facts are:
- The stock markets of the world used racing pigeons until 1966 to get the news of the day trading from one city to another.
- Today racing pigeons are used in humanitarian efforts to fly blood out of the deepest jungles in Africa to be tested for the aids virus.
- That Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II alongside her love for horses and corgi dogs she also races pigeons from the Royal Lofts at Sandringham.
- That racing pigeons have been known to fly 700 miles in a single day.
- That many major world armies still retain their racing pigeon flocks.
If any of these have triggered an interest, please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be glad to assist in helping you to begin. Our members are the best and they would love to share this great sport with you. Keep your eyes on the skies!.
Quarantine is now over in Zone 1 and July 29 Zone 2 will be out of the quarantine.